12 Days of Nerd-Mas: Team Red Rules Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Bits
You know what rules? Team Red. You know what also rules? RED VELVET COOKIES. What happens when the two meet? You get the best cookie the world has ever seen.
I have yet to find a place to sell red velvet cookies with cream cheese. So I decided to cut those nerds out and make my own.
Feel very, very lucky because Ant gives you precious recipes that have been in her family since last Tuesday.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Bar Frozen Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
What To Do, Son:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Which is only slightly hotter than I am.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- With electric mixer, or the strength of hercules and a wooden spoon, whip together butter, sugar and vinegar until pale and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Add egg. Add vanilla and red food coloring and mix until blended.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine.
- This is important, so listen up. Or read twice. Cut up frozen/cold cream cheese into tiny bites. When rolling your dough by spoonfuls, (About 1/4 of a cup.) add bits to desired spots OR press into tops of cookies after baking. Whichevers you like.
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Or eat them hot as hell because you a strong independent baker who don’t need no safety regulations MmmmHmmm.
This is seriously one of my favorite cookies. It’s super soft and cake-like with a crackly top and I think I ate 14 of them just by myself. I regret nothing. Except not eating more cookies.
And yes, that is superhero themed wrapping paper that I had my team hunt for. Yes.
Jayla’s Tea Partying Avengers Birthday Cake: Avenger’s Tea Party Cake
My niece is pretty vocal about what she wants, even at 3 years old. So what did she want this year? An Avengers party! But Jayla has also been on a tea party kick, even inviting her Iron Man and Captain America for a cuppa’ ‘tea’ in the middle of the day.
So I made her this cake! I love the teeny details of it, from the tea cups with 2d roses- to the tiny cookies and cherries on the cupcakes. I was also really focused on getting Cap’s Bucky-bear and tiny lemons on the cups of tea. I also thought it would be funny if Spider-man wasn’t allowed to come to the tea party. AVENGERS ONLY.
The table itself is made from vanilla bean cake, with fresh strawberry buttercream and dark chocolate ganache’ (The birthday girl’s favorite!)
There’s a ton of tiny details on this cake that I could talk about all day- but I’ll let you find them for yourself!
[Based on the amazing Avenger’s Baby art by Gurihiru]
Promotional still and images from a promotional featurette for “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel”, a TV special announced for next year today at Comic-Con and the first official crossover between a Disney property and the Marvel Universe.
©Disney. ©Marvel and Subs. No ownership intended or implied.
I have decided that I all I want for Christmas and/or Graduation are the following:
All of this seems reasonable right? I don’t feel like I’m asking too much, I mean it IS Christmas and my Graduation from college. Yeah, I feel like I’m being very reasonable. :).